Sunday, November 28, 2010

It's beginning...

...to look a lot like Christmas!!

I love this time of year. From halloween until new years, I am one happy gal! We had pumpkins, hay bales, and scarecrows in our lawn from the first of October until the Friday after Thanksgiving. And now, they are gone and the lights and Christmas Thomas the Train went out! Hooray! My awesome family helped me decorate the house this weekend. I love it!!! The sweetest moment, so far, has been this one....

I walked into the family room and found Owen, alone, doing this....
He had put the Santa hat on, turned on the snow globe, and was watching, entranced, as it played Christmas carols and swirled snow around. So cute.

Today, we decorated the tree. So much fun with a little helper to lend a hand. I told Owen the "history" of each ornament, and he would find a place for it on the tree with the help of his daddy. A few of the ornaments, though, he thought I needed to do myself (if I told him they were mine when I was little, or if my Aunt Dona had given me this one for this reason). The ones that were his, he took special pride in. A few times telling me that he made them when he was "wittle." Uh, buddy, you are still "wittle."

The decorations are up, the Santa gifts are ordered, the Christmas music is in the CD player. All we need is a new baby to complete this holiday season!!

0 comments: