Monday, November 22, 2010

on the mend.

yay!!! Sweet baby Liam is finally feeling a little bit more like himself! He had a rough day on Saturday, his neck and ears seemed to be bothering him (which we were warned about) and he ran a fever. He hasn't wanted to have much to do with me since I have been "couch-bound" and unable to play with him, carry him around the house, or do too much to distract him from his discomfort. But, on Saturday, he hung around with me playing peek-a-boo for a while.
it was great to see him smile. Then, on Sunday, he was a whole new kid! Today, even better! he is running around, playing happily outside, mad when Owen won't share with him...you know...NORMAL again!!

I am so happy to see my baby boy coming back around, even if that means that he won't want to spend much time on the couch with me. At least he's happy!
This bed rest is for the birds. Oh my goodness. The first few days were nice, I'll admit that. I enjoyed being able to sit down, watch t.v., read a book, and play on the computer, all without feeling like I had to get up do do anything. I felt spoiled, rested, and relaxed. But, now that its been 2 and a half weeks, I am over it. I am so tired of being house-bound. So upset by watching my boys (well, Liam) get less and less attached to me and more and more attached to their nanny. I hate the burden this has been on my hubby. He has been such a trooper, getting up at night with Liam, keeping the kiddos entertained, getting them bathed and in bed. And then going to work all day just to repeat the routine again. I am so tired of being a couch potato.
But, I really am lucky. At least this is a temporary situation for me. In a few weeks, I will have three beautiful children, my blood pressure should return to normal (I have gestational hypertension that should go away within 6 weeks of the baby's birth), and I get to resume my normal life. It makes my heart go out to families living through terminal illnesses. I cannot imagine what it would be like to be in a situation where you are stuck in the bed/couch/hospital, feeling like crap, watching your kids have to learn to live without you, and know that you don't get to return to life as you knew it before. It would be absolutely heartbreaking. So, as I get frustrated, sad, angry, or bitter, I remind myself that it is temporary. I do get to "reclaim" my life and my boys. And, that I should just sit down and enjoy all of the pampering ;-)
So, I am trying to.

1 comments:

Lindsey Goodwin said...

Oh, Sarah...I know how you feel. I am not on bed rest (yet), but because I'm carrying twins, I've already been unable to do things I could normally do with Calan and I HATE it. I so wish I could run and play with him like I did before and I know you feel exactly the same way. At least this is temporary and I have to keep reminding myself of that too. Hang in there...you'll have a beautiful baby girl soon (per Owen) and all of this will be behind you! :)