Friday, November 5, 2010

Soccer Tot

A few weeks ago, Owen started SoccerTots. I thought it would be a fun thing for he and I to do together on Monday mornings before baby number 3 joins us. I was right...he loves it.

He is one of just 4 almost-three year olds in the class. The other kiddos aren't, how shall I put it, well...they aren't as driven to "do what coach says" as Owen is. So, most of the time, Owen gets to be the example kid -- which, he likes. I wonder who he gets that from?

My kiddo isn't always eager to perform, though. At least two to three times per session, coach will tell the kids (at least the ones paying attention to her) what the next activity is. Then, she'll ask Owen if he is ready to take his turn. He sometimes says "nope, my not going to do that, Coach." Hmm. So, I tell him he needs to do what coach asks. He repeats that he isn't going to. And, Coach quickly comes up with something else to do. Somehow, Owen has become her "class barameter." Too funny. Since he is typically more of a follower, I haven't pushed him when he says he doesn't want to do something. He doesn't throw a fit...he just says he really doesn't want to try it. Most of the time, though, he comes home and tries the drill, and then will tell coach at the next session that he is ready to do whateveritwass. What are you supposed to do with that?

The one "activity" that ALWAYS gets the attention of ALL of the kids is stamp time. Look at these little angels waiting for their "tatoos".

Owen is so excited about them each time....

...and so sad when bathtime makes them go away.


We've done three weeks of SoccerTots. Hopefully that won't be the extent of it, since Owen does enjoy it so much. But, since I have now started having blood pressure issues that have landed me on bed rest, we may not have the option to continue to go. What a bummer....

0 comments: