Tuesday, December 29, 2009

17 pounds 2 ounces of cuddle.

In some ways, I feel like Liam has been in my life forever. I feel like I know him better than any other human on earth. I have noticed a difference in being home with Liam versus working when Owen was this age. I can look at Liam and know, with almost certainty, when he is tired and will go for a nap, even if he doesn't act it. When I walk into his room in the nights, he quiets when he hears my voice. I honestly don't ever remember Owen doing that. Maybe Owen was just a bit more stubborn?!? Naaah, that can't be it. Liam is a stubborn little 'un, too. I think it really is different with him. Partly because I am home full time, partly because its my second time around with a baby, and partly because Liam is so expressive and social that he makes it easy to get to know him and what he wants. I think it has most to do with that last "partly".
In other ways, it feels like the last 6 months has flown by. I look down at Liam when I am rocking him to sleep and I see that bald, tiny, newborn in my arms ... then I blink ... and I see my still bald, but bigger infant that he has become. And then it happens. He smiles at me with his whole body because he noticed me watching him. He spits that pacifier out and smiles even bigger. And I think about how quickly these 6 months have gone and how, in just 6 more months I'll most likely have a walking, talking, toddler in my arms. I hope he still smiles like that.
So, here we are. Liam is 6 months old today. Fast or slow. Its here. S-I-X months. Wow. He is 17 pounds and 2 ounces of cuddle. I love this little baby so darn much.
Liam loves to watch his brother play. And when Owen shows him attention, Liam's entire face lights up. He reaches out to Owen to grab his shirt, arm, hair...whatever he can. He loves it when Owen comes near him. If Owen talks to him....it is icing on the cake. I love that about him.
Liam can sit for ages, if he wants. But, his favorite thing to do is to roll around on the floor. He will sit for a bit, and then lunge to the floor for some real fun. He is working hard on figuring out how to move around... I think that Owen's days of playing choo choos without Liam destroying the track are numbered.
I enjoy watching my babies interact with each other. Love the snuggles from them both. And love seeing where each day takes us.
This morning, Owen was a big part of the Six Month Scale Photo! He decided to sit on the scale himself. I tired to get him down to his diaper, so I could do a 2 year old version of the photo. He wasn't up for that today. But, I have 5 days yet to work on that. In the meantime, here's Owen's 2 year scale photo, he's donned in Halloween PJs and snacking from a Jingle Jive cup; but, hey, its cute!
Owen was watching us take Liam's photo this morning. That scale is wobbly....as Owen knows only too well...he did pose for 13 of these photos. At one point, it looked like Liam was going to fall, and Owen rushed to help him balance. Is that sweet, or what?
For Owen's 6 month birthday, he got fireworks. How could that be matched for Liam? Snow, of course! What a fun surprise today!
Here's Owen venturing out. I love that his Dad and Pippie (that's what Owen is calling Chippie) are watching from the doorway. I think you can almost see on their faces how very crazy they think I am to bundle these two babies up and head outdoors for photos!
Owen really isn't too sure about the snow. He wouldn't get off of the sidewalk. He did hang out there for about 15 minutes. But, when I asked him if he wanted to go for a walk with me, he replied "Mama, Owen's cold....brrrrr. Inside?" So....no walk.

Liam seemed okay with the snow. He wasn't thrilled about it; but, he was curious and a little more laid back out there than his big brother. We'll see what they both think next year. I think when they can both run around in it, we'll have some serious snow angels in the front yard! Liam isn't very patient when it comes to eating. Owen wasn't either; so, I am kinda used to a baby fussing when you put him in the highchair, instead of wanting solids. But, some foods Liam has decided he really likes and are worth the wait. I think Grammie found one of them.... see that smile?
Garden Veggies, anyone??

1 comments:

The Rausch Family said...

I can't believe it's been 6 months! Those are some beautiful photos!