Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving.

We traveled out to Tennessee for Thanksgiving this year. We had such a great time and have had trouble re-adjusting to life back here on our own! Here are a few (okay, 25) photos from our time with family. Fam, welcome to this side of the blog!!

Owen at the airport waiting in the security line. He is an amazing traveler. Really. Not sure if it helps that he has been to Washington DC, Florida, England, Tennessee (last year), Mexico, Houston, and back to Tennessee (Uncle Trav and I recounted his adventures one day). Or, if it helps that his parents travel for work (G.A. Julie thought that since we are Road Warriors and not nervous it helps). Or, if its just cause he is an easy going guy that likes an adventure and a fun social situation. Regardless, travel with him is a breeze...if only I could learn not to pack so darn much for him!
Daddy Q is an Admiral Club Member; so, we had a very peaceful wait on the plane. See.... here's Owen noshing on chips and watching the baggage load on a plane.
See Plane, Mama? See Owen's reflection in the window, Blog Reader? Neat, huh?
Owen and Dad-D (pronounced Dad-DEE by Owen).
Liam stretching his legs before flight...
Thanksgiving morning at my Grandma's. Owen had a great time at "G.G.'s house." He thought she lived on a park and kept saying "GG's park. GG's house" over and over. GG just replied...that's my yard, Owen!! Poor DFW kid thinks any decent span of yard with trees is a park. We must do something about that. Check out Liam...engrossed in Baby Einstein just like his big brother was/is.

GG and Grammie giving Liam his first Thanksgiving dinner ... squash. GG made very little mess...

Liam thinks I need to re-work my Science Experiment to include a great-Grandma in my hypothesis. As GG said...its like riding a bike. She is definitely a pro at this. I learned a little bit and we are making less mess now. Or, maybe Liam learned a little bit and HE is making less mess now. Yeah, that sounds better, it was Liam who changed ;-)


Owen enjoying his turkey and who-knows-what-he-ate-from-his-plate.

Uncle Gary drinking, ahem serving, wine. Ha! He saw me take the first photo and said that if it made the blog I needed to be sure to say that he was serving the wine...not drinking it. As proof, here he is in "serving" action.
Owen made friends with Sissy (also known to Owen as just "Cat"). I have a feeling the friendship was pretty one-sided. But, Owen's interest and liking probably was big enough to make up for what Sissy lacked. Last night as Owen went to bed, he called out "night, Sissy." So sweet. Do you think we should get Owen a kitty?
The Quinlan Clan watching the Aggies and Longhorns play. This is before the game...I wore my jersey and Owen his Yell Leader overalls during the game. It was a fun game to watch...if only the Ags had more time....
Uncle Gary and Gerard mulling over the squares to see who would win the next $10 if.... Liam engrossed in the game. Ross and Becca being in love in the background!!

Dona with Sleeping Liam. Travis with Sleeping Sissy.

GA Julie giving Liam a morning bottle while wearing her new, just-for-Liam-in-case-he-spit-up-so-that-he-didn't-mess-up-a-work-shirt shirt.
Grammie and Pa with the boys.
Owen and a few sticks he collected. He was too busy to pose for me...this was the best I got. I can't blame him...there was a big, big "park" to explore!
New Cat. Ross came home from college to visit and left his mom and dad with something to remember him by. Uncle Gary told her she had to hunt to earn her keep. Whether that works out or not will be determined; but, isn't she pretty?

Owen getting a kiss from Grammie.

We then went to see the Chattanooga Choo-Choo. I don't have picture of that. My camera battery died, my charger was at Grandma's, etc. But, I borrowed Uncle Gary's camera and once he emails the images my way, I will post them.
In the meantime...my camera charged.
I was back in action when we were saying our farewells on Sunday.

Aunt Dona with the Boys.
Dona and Liam with Uncle Travis (also known as Chuck) and Owen. So... Wednesday night when we got to Grandma's, Travis was there. Trav had asked me when Owen was born if he could call him "Uncle"...of course! So, I told Owen to say "night, night Uncle Travis" and he 'repeated' "night, night, Chuck." Hilarious. The rest of the holiday, we all called him Chuck. I overheard someone, a few days into our stay, saying that Owen was calling Travis, Chuck. Well....Owen called him that once. The rest of us were calling (as in actively referring to him that way) Chuck. GA Julie made a good point at the airport on Sunday, though. When Owen says "truck" it sounds a lot like "chuck/stuck". He could have been saying "Trav" and it just sounded like "truck...stuck...chuck..." follow? Anyway, fun to see ya, Chuck ;-)
Owen wanted to snap a picture of GG in her house before we left. This was taken with Owen behind the camera and a little bit of help from me. As in, I asked if he could see GG and when he said "yes" I pushed the button. Not bad, huh?
Owen in front of the camera (where we are used to him being) with GG and a little bit of worry that he might get left if he posed too long.
GA Julie with Liam at the airport.
Dad-D giving Owen a handful of Skittles. Dad-D would eat a few, hand out a few, etc., etc. Owen got pretty ticked and took the bag from him. OH...2 year olds!

As you can see, I have a lot to be thankful for. I love my family, husband, sons, and the rest of um! We had such a great time and I can't wait to get together again at the beach this summer!!

1 comments:

Jill said...

Lots of great pics!