Thursday, January 21, 2010

Oh Owen.

Last Night at Bathtime:

Owen: Look, Mama. Owen's tee-tee.
Me: No, sweetie. That's just the bathwater dripping from your body onto the floor.
Owen: No, Mama. Owen's tee-tee. Owen tee-teed in the bath.
{Sigh}

Today During a Time Out:

Me: Owen, we don't throw our toys into the sink from the couch...time out, buddy, until you can calm down.
Owen: Cries and calls for me. Then stops. Then really gets revved up again...."Mama, Owen HURTing."
Now...I can see Owen through the french doors into the room he is in. He hasn't moved. So, either he is making it up to get me to come or his feelings are hurt. Either way...he still has a minute of time out to go.
Owen: Starts to get quiet and then in a you-better-hurry-cause-I-gotta-go-now tone of voice...."Mama, tee-tee. Tee-tee, Mama."

Yup...that boy is just trying to get me to come and let him out...he just tee-teed 5 minutes ago.



Hurting....tee-tee.


Boy is he clever.

0 comments: