Saturday, January 30, 2010

Puddin' Pop is 7 Months Old

Liam is trying right now to help me type this post...he is so excited to tell you all that he is a 7 month old now! So far, 7 months brings many, many good things for all of us! Liam is scoottin' around grabbin' the toys HE wants, sleepin' through the night {again}, and jumpin' for joy when a spoonful of food is coming his way. He loves mama's cooking. So far, his favorite foods are the ones that I puree for him from our dinner...this week was pork with butternut squash risotto. Liam was a big fan! Not sure why the scale shows he hasn't gained much this month...he seems squishy-ier to me!!

Over the last month or so, I have taken to calling the little fella Puddin' Pop. It just came out of my mouth one day, like things like that do, and stuck. I think it fits Liam nicely. He is sweet as Puddin'; but, boy can that change in an instant....Pop!...he is madder 'n a hornet. So, Puddin' Pop it is...for the moment.

I ordered spring/summer clothes for the boys from a UK company that I found and love. Owen got a shirt with the Union Jack on it that is uber cool! Liam got some funny beach duds...see?
Doesn't he look super cute in his beach hat? It will be hard to wait until the end of May to pull this sucker out for real....maybe I need to work on planning a spring vacation for the family.

In my last post, I blogged about Liam and Owen playing together more and more. I love watching their shared moments and feel so blessed to be able to help nurture their relationship and witness them become friends. Whenever they are engaging in something together, I stop whatever I am doing and just let the moment be. Whether its getting them dressed from a bath, packing them up in the car for an appointment, or trying like the dickens to get one of them settled for a nap...I stop what I am doing and let the moment unfold.

After bathtime the other night, Owen came over to Liam and started singing a song to him. I LOVE the look on Liam's face as Owen is singing and talking to him. So sweet.

Liam wondering why the song ended. ;-)

Owen and Liam received Christmas presents from their friend, Grayson, the other day. So, we had a present opening session. As Owen was opening, he suddenly noticed that Liam was just watching. So, he scooted the gift near Liam, handed him a corner, and said "here you go, baby." My heart melted.

After they both opened Liam's gift, Liam just sat and waited to see what part of it Owen was going to let him play with ;-)

Right now, things between them are bliss. You see, Liam just sits and waits to see what Owen hands him to play with, or what Owen wants to sing, or what Owen wants to....you get the idea. But, very soon, Liam will be able to inject his own little ideas into the day. Uh-oh.

0 comments: