Sunday, January 31, 2010

Under the Weather

Owen has a virus. But, until today, he didn't really act very sick. He had a low grade fever that kept him home from Mother's Day Out on Thursday. Had a croup-y cough that led me to take him in to the doctor on Friday. But, really, he hasn't been that sick. Just a little under the weather.

Tonight, that changed for a little while. At dinner, he started acting really, really whiny. After deciding to let him down from the table, I decided to take his temp again. This time, it was 102.8. Poor kid.

I couldn't get him to take his medicine; so, Daddy Q took over. After the deed was done, Owen wanted to go night, night. It was 7PM. A little early for him these days; but, the poor kid has a fever. He wanted me to lay with him. So, I did.

For about 15 minutes, I sang to him, stroked his hair, and nuzzled his neck with kisses. He started to feel cooler, so I took the temp again...100.4. Better.

For about 10 more minutes, we both lay there, quiet. And then, Owen broke the silence....

Owen: "Uh-Oh, Mama."
Me: "What happened?"
Owen: "Oh! Mama. Need to tee-tee."
Me: "You need to tee-tee?"
Owen: "No."
Me: "What did you say, then?"
Owen: "Mama need to tee-tee."
Me: {confused} "Did you say that 'Mama needs to tee-tee'?"
Owen: {acting as though he hadn't put the idea into my head.... "Oooohhh, Mama. You need to tee-tee? You go. Go, go, go, go. Hurry, Mama. Tee-tee."
Me: {deciding to play along} "Okay, honey. Mama is going tee-tee. Bye."
{I leave him in bed and go to Liam's room where Gerard and Liam are.}

*******************

About 15 seconds later....in walks Owen...actin' like nothing has happened...ready to play.

I guess his fever didn't mess with his funny bone. Ha!


Owen has some dance moves that I absolutely LOVE. Either he created these on his own, or has learned them at school. Either way, the step ball change, ball change, ball change, along with the "arms up and down" thingy, is G.R.E.A.T. Although during the video shoot, a train stopped Owen in his tracks, and then some technical difficulties with Elmo occurred, you can get the idea.


0 comments: