Saturday, February 21, 2009

Baby Q2: It's A....

Boy? Girl? Yes! Baby Q2 is one of those!!! But, which one is still going to be a surprise!! BQ2 is happy and healthy in there! Gave a little wave to Big Brother, Owen! Fun times. Baby is measuring 3 days small and is breech right now--augh--I want this baby to be on its way to coming out SOONER, not later!!! {not too soon--but, a few days early--its JULY we are talking about here?!?!}

After going back-and-forth on whether to "find out" or not, we decided that we wanted to wait. There are two main reasons that I have for wanting to wait and Daddy Q thought they were more convincing than the reasons to find out--AND, he came up with something we could do to resolve one of my reasons to find out.

Reasons for Waiting (no offence to all of you who have a different way of going about this--this is just my personal feeling of what works for me--as 'they' say, "different strokes for different folks")...

1. It is a pet peeve of mine when expecting parents introduce me to their pregnant belly with a "This is ____". Another pet peeve...signing thank you notes from babies not yet born. Yet, I believe that if I knew the gender of my baby, I would very likely fall into this same behaviour.

2. Since Owen was born by C-Section, I believe that there is a pretty good chance BQ2 will be, too. Even though I want to do a VBAC, I am not convinced that my body will go into labor in time. If I have a C-Section AND I know the sex of the baby, then so much about BQ2's arrival is KNOWN...the birthday, the gender, the name... That's just not how I want the birth of my baby to be--I am more "old-school" than that.


My biggest reason for finding out was that I felt I needed something to help me feel more bonded/prepared for BQ2's arrival. Something to demonstrate the excitement that I do feel inside. So, Daddy Q suggested that we go ahead and move the rooms around the house the way I want them for when BQ2 is here. That way, I have the "nursery" set aside and thought of, Owen is in his "big boy" room, but with his "still-mama's-baby-boy" furniture, and I get to organize the new home office and design our new family fun/old-school gameroom in the room where the existing office is.

Besides, I have been reading about transitioning little 'uns to their big-boy beds and I started to get the feeling that even though we plan on making the transition months after BQ2 is here, moving Owen to a new room AND a new bed all at once would be overwhelming. So, we will move his nursery just like it is now into the room that he will have later. That way, he is used to that being "his room" and its one less change for later.

So....we are busy moving, moving, moving here, BQ2 is a happy little bun-in-the-oven that may be a boy or may be a girl, and all are happy in the Quinlan Household!!!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Congrats on having the will power not to find out!! You are a stronger woman than me!! Can't wait to find out whether BQ2 is a boy or girl!!

The Rausch Family said...

I think it's a boy!