Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Owen's Vocab

My 13 month and 3 week update from BabyCenter about O's development had a section to ask you how many words your little un knows. I thought while I was taking inventory, I would share...

1. Mama - that's me
2. Dada - that's Daddy Q
3. Hi - His current favorite word/most used word
4. Bye - His current second-favorite/most used word--he will walk down the sidewalk after a car yelling "bye" louder and louder....i wish more people would respond back to him.
5. Uh-oh - Oh darn! Mom, something isn't right, will you fix it?
6. Bubba - used to refer to Bubba, Miss Mimi's dog, or {sadly} Tobie, our dog--he doesn't know Tobie's name {poor Tobie}
7. Was Dat? - what's that. Also used to say he wants something, I think.
8. Wow/Whoa/Oh - expression of delight
9. Ball - to refer to a ball or a balloon
10. Duck - he knows them in reality, in movies, in books, and in the bath....{now says the whole word}

not counted 'cause I don't know what he means, yet....Caca.. Might be car, but he uses it in other contexts, like when he sees a plane or wants something from the counter?!?! No...its not Spanish ;-)

So, my answer will be 5-10. Cause, he doesn't know more than 10, which is the last choice. Hmmm...I hope he is still considered GT!!!!

**Update** Once I submitted my response, I learned that 65% of boys his age {whose parents responded} know less than 5 words. He is with the 22% that know 5 - 10 words. Only 12% know more than 10. I don't think its GT worthy, but I am still a proud mama. Owen...we have to learn one more word this week, hun, to get you into that 12% ;-)

0 comments: