Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Ixtapa Finale

So, I can assure you that this finale will not be nearly as exciting, twisted, and dramatic as the Bachelor Finale was last Monday...O.M.G.! I watched it on DVR last night after we returned...holy cow. I cannot believe the news in Mexico didn't pick up that drama and report it to us. Anyhow, we are home, but here are a few pictures from our last couple of days in Ixtapa.
Owen made up a few various games to play in the room. All of them are called "uh oh"....so, there is quite a theme here of something going missing based on an action of Owen's. The first, I blogged about earlier (rolling the balls under the very middle of the bed where only Daddy Q and his tennis racket can reach). The other...well, I'll let the next two photos tell ya... "Uh-Oh." {not to be confused with Jason-the-Bachelor's "uh-oh", but an "uh-oh" none the less}
Another fun game...boy, this kid is creative...was baby palm tree basketball...
He shoots... He {didn't} score...not that time, but he did probably 50% of the time. Not bad. Once the ball made it into the "palm" basket, he would move the leaves around until it fell out of the tree. Just a happy boy hangin' out in the hotel room. He really, really loved it in that room. Can't figure out why. Maybe he liked having mom and dad and him in such close proximity compared to at home?!? We had such a great time. Between hanging out full-time with Owen, playing in the sand, chillin' at the pool {me during Owen's naptime} and Daddy Q getting hours of tennis in, we are spoiled. Not to mention, not having to cook, do dishes, do laundry, make the bed, etc., etc., etc... So long Ixtapa...we are already looking forward to our next beach vacay--I am guessing it will be 2010, though, since Baby Q2 is coming this July {unless we sneak in a fall get-away with both kiddos--hint, hint, Daddy Q}. Not related to Ixtapa...but, while there I snapped a photo of Owen that I just have to blog about. Take a look at the handsome fellow in the middle of the below pic. That is my cousin Matt...he lives in Paris {France, not Texas} and GQ and I get to see him about once a year or so. So, I know some of the faces that he makes in convos. Anyway, this picture is the closest I have "on file" of the expression I am looking for. Take a good look, and then scroll on down to the photo of Owen. Do you see the resemblance? Really, Matt does make this exact face, I just don't have a better photo of it... Most of Owen's expressions come straight from the Daddy Q Gene; but, this photo reminded me, hands down, of my cousin. We miss you, Matt!!! It has been too long!

0 comments: