Wednesday, March 11, 2009

My Kitchen Assistant

Wikipedia states that "Kitchen assistants (often known as Kitchen Porters or Kitchenhands) are usually kitchen workers who assist with basic tasks, but have had no formal training in cooking. Tasks could include peeling potatoes or washing salad for example. Smaller kitchens more commonly have kitchen assistants who would be assigned a wide variety of tasks (including washing up) in order to keep costs down."

Owen has been helping me cook dinner. Tonight, he "helped" me carry the pot of water to the stove, "helped" me pour the salt in and to close the salt container, and then "helped" me gather the ingredients out of the pantry.
The only problem, is that he doesn't have the patience to wait for the water to boil ;-) So, to keep him busy, I gave him his own pot, spoon, and noodles. He had a ball! Then, he was ready to "help" me get the noodles in the boiling water, ready to "help" me stir them, and...
ready to "help" me eat the dinner we made!!!
Owen has a few fun, new words. My two favorites are:
"Goal" - Daddy Q and I say it when he kicks the ball into the goal or makes a basket. HE says it anytime he kicks the ball ;-)
"Banana" - sounds like this "Bee. {pause}. Na. Na?"
What a fun little guy he is!!

0 comments: