Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why I am Walking in the Susan G. Komen 3-Day

For weeks now I have had the button on my blog for the 3-Day Race for the Cure. I wanted to dedicate a blog post to focus on WHY I am training and walking in this event and to ask you to consider making a donation on my behalf.

As you can probably surmise from reading this blog, I love, love, love my little boy. I enjoy watching him grow and learn. Each and every thing he does is amazing to me....even the temper tantrums {seriously, how can such a little guy get so darn mad?}. When Owen started walking, he became ridiculously busy. My little dude moves non-stop during every single moment he is awake. He is one "full-on" kiddo, to say the least. Thank goodness that he sleeps through the night and takes long naps!!

In November, just as Owen started walking and life got busier, Gerard and I learned that Baby Q2 is on his or her way. Joy and excitement filled us. Knowing that we get to watch another miracle grow and learn is simply AMAZING.

I started this pregnancy still having baby weight left from Owen. And, I started my pregnancy with Owen still having honeymoon/first-year-of-marriage weight to lose. Ugghh. With Owen on the move, and Baby Q2 proving to be equally, if not more, active than Owen {judging from the strong kicks I am getting already} the reality that I really need to get in shape for my kiddos has set in. If I want to be the best mom that I can to these two {and hopefully more ;-)} kiddos, I need to be able to keep up with them!!

When my dear friend Lindsey invited me to join her 3-Day team, I thought that it seemed like a perfect match. I would be able to spend 3 days walking 20 miles/day with my closest friends -- she and N's mom are both walking...I would be able to train for this during my pregnancy--the doc okay'ed it...I would be able to jump start a healthier lifestyle with my sweet babies in mind...AND, I would be able to contribute to a great cause--finding a cure for breast cancer.

So, although I personally have been blessed not to have family or close friends who have battled this disease, I am honored and humbled to be walking for a cure. I am doing this for the mothers, sisters, daughters, and friends that are impacted by the illness and I am doing this for my sweet kiddos.

I would greatly appreciate your support in this effort. Each team member has agreed to raise $2,300--will you help me meet my goal? Whether you can donate $100 or $10 -- your support matters! If you are able, simply click on the button on my blog and it will lead you to my personal 3-day page where you can donate on-line.

Lots of love,
Sarah

0 comments: