Sunday, September 6, 2009

my heart is growing.

his coos and other tiny noises are music to my ears.
his smiles are amazing. his whole face lights up.
his strength is growing each and every day.
his fussiness is fading.
i am totally falling in love with this little man.
until now, i think i have focused so much on juggling two boys, trying to keep owen's world as normal as i could, and calming Fussy Fred (aka Liam), that I was having a hard time bonding with Liam. don't get me wrong, i have loved this little man since the moment i met him. but last night, it happened--i was completely overcome with an even deeper love for the little guy. my heart grew.

Liam and I had spent a lot of time together that day. He joined me in the Bjorn for 8 miles of my 14 mile 3-Day training walk. He had a very "non-fussy" day. He was cuddly and didn't require being constantly bobbed, walked, or rocked. So, last night, he and I were watching a movie in the media room when I heard him cooing away. I looked down at him and he was looking at me, with the biggest grin, and just talkin' away to me. We had a little conversation and I just cried. I was so overcome with love for him that i couldn't hold back the tears. it was amazing.

I guess I'll have to stop calling him "Fussy Fred" ... or maybe not ... hey, if the shoe fits.... and, i bet it still fits ...

{btw...dubbed Owen "Tantrum Tommy" today....}

Sorry there aren't new pictures!! We have been working hard on the boys' rooms this weekend AND I have been moving decorations around the whole house. Will get pics of Liam in his new room up tomorrow! And, some of Uncle Ben & Aunt Marissa's visit last week to come...

Off to sleep so that I can love on Tantrum Tommy and Fussy Fred tomorrow--those boys are the light of my life!

0 comments: