Tuesday, September 1, 2009

First Day

Posing for a "first day of preschool" photo on the front porch since his mama asked him to ...sweet boy!
...losing his balance 'cause the backpack was a little heavy ;-)

On the drive to school, I was telling Owen that his buddies, Parker and Emma would be in his class. "Pah-kah?" Yes...Parker will be there. "Memma?" Yes....Emma will be there, too. And, y'all are going to have so much fun today! silence for a little bit. "Boble?" Well, honey, Noble will be right next door to you.

Good thing, cause Owen looks up to him like a big brother. Here is the big, have-a-great-day-hug, that his friend, Boble, gave him before class.

The boys were hanging in the hallway...I think this photo, although out of focus, is priceless! It looks like a preview of their days in high school. I can just picture them scheming up an escape from the Rainbow Room one the moms are all gone...
Noble walked Owen to class. This was absolutely adorable! It was going really well until they got to the door of Owen's room...then, Owen ran back to me...terrified. I had to walk a screaming child in, peel him from my body, choke back tears myself, and flee the room. I proceeded to sob down the hall. Thankfully, within minutes, Owen was fine. Emma's dad took a photo of him playing happily to prove it to me....thank you for the peace of mind, John!
Owen's first-day-of-school report! The teacher said that everytime a kid would wimper, Owen would say "Uh Oh." just like he does when Liam cries. Aww.
We got home, and Owen was a little more clingy than usual. But, I don't mind that. I love having my boys close to me. Later this afternoon, I could tell Owen was really worn out when he laid down on the porch for a little rest....
That's never happened before!
Here's to a fun year at school for my eldest son, Owen! I know he will have a blast with his friends AND Liam will get to have some 1:1 time with Mama! I think everyone will be happy!

0 comments: