Tuesday, August 25, 2009

if the grocery store guy only knew...

We always visit the grocery store on Mondays. Because we have a routine, we often see the same employees. Pre-Liam, Owen atracted attention simply by saying "hi" and "bye" to everyone. Post-Liam...we are a sight to behold.

We walk in...Liam in the Baby Bjorn, the diaper bag draped over my shoulder, me holding Owen's hand, and Owen carrying the re-usable grocery sacks. Its like a mini-grocery store parade! Owen walks in like he owns the place and says hello to everyone. Then puts the sacks under the cart and lifts his arms for me to put him in his seat.

Well...yesterday, a grocery store guy ("GSG") who we always see and I had this conversation:

GSG: Mam, I sure do hope you take pictures of these boys. He {indicating Owen} is one of the cutest kids that walks in here.

Beaming Mom {that's me}: Oh, I can assure you I take plenty of pictures of them.

GSG: You know its a shame how few candid shots people take of their kids these days...I sure hope you are taking some of him.

Beaming Mom: what I thought was "If only he had my blog address he would get the humor of this conversation..." what i actually said was: "Yes, sir. I take as many as I can."

GSG: Good. Cause I think one day that one is going to be a movie star!

........ from his lips to Owen's college fund!

In other news...Owen's transition to the big brother bed is going very, very well! It looks like pretty soon, this little one can look forward to moving out of the pack and play and into the crib.... yippee! Liam was 8 weeks old yesterday. I can't get over how quickly time passes once the baby is born...seems the pregnancies last forEVER. But, the baby grows in no time flat.

Liam is smiling up a storm, cooing like crazy, crying like a mad man at times--he knows what he wants and how to get it stat--and working on holding his little head up so that he can watch his big brother dart and dash around him. He's even rolled over a time or two...strong little fella!

Owen has developed a new-found love of the moon. Paw Paw Mc (whom Owen is referring to simply as "Pa"--along with calling Grammie, "Mammie"--its like we live in the sticks or something) showed him the moon this weekend. Poor little guy doesn't quite understand why we cannot see it all of the time and, further, why he and Daddy Q couldn't walk there last night. Once he spotted it, he walked to Gerard with his arms spread wide so he could pick him up for a closer look.
"See moon?" he asks. Awww...so cute!

Here's six and a half minutes of the little guys in action. Ignore my commentary, it really is quite embarrassing. At the very beginning, I mean to say I didn't capture the baskets Owen MADE...not MISSED. In the middle, you see {again} me trying to get Owen to show off a new skill and his lack of willingness to do so. Watching it makes me laugh so hard that I cry. Enjoy watching Liam in all of his chubby goodness! His cheeks are priceless!!

0 comments: