Sunday, August 2, 2009

Wet 'n Wild Weekend

This weekend, we kicked off our official training for the upcoming Susan G Koman 3 Day event. Saturday morning, Lara, Jenny, Erin, Lori, and I met at 8:30 AM to walk our first loooooong walk.
Before out first step, Erin's husband showed us the weather radar--loads of rain coming our way. Oh well... This is our time away from the kids, our time with each other, and our time to train -- rain or shine!

Jenny set a quick pace for us and we were off! Yes, we got drenched; but, we didn't mind one bit! This is the crew at mile 8...
We had a great walk, and great time talking, and a great kick-off to our official training! I still need $500 in donations to make my goal! Will you consider helping me????? If so, just click the button here on the blog and you will be linked to the donation page. Thank you so much!!!!!

This morning, Owen and I took Liam to church! He looked so cute in his little blue overalls Daddy Q's Aunt Honor sent to him.

Absolutely adorable...

That sweet face...I just love him so much!!
This afternoon, Owen and I spent some time together--just me and him. Daddy Q is going to be out of town until late Wednesday night; so, I thought Owen could use a little bit of one-on-one time with mama---'cause he won't get much of that for the next few days.
So, we headed to the pool! Owen standing there with his favorite pool toys--his rings--melted my heart. We play a game where we throw the diving rings into the inner-tube ring. Its fun, he loves it, we don't go to the pool without these toys.
But, I think his favorite part of pool time is always, hands down, the pool-side snack. Today, grapes and Nilla wafers were served!
Yummy!

Have a great week!

0 comments: