Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Owen fed Bubba Today

This morning we were running late for Gymboree, Tobie {aka Bubba} hadn't been fed, and I still had to pack Owen's snacks for the ride home {he usually snacks and then falls asleep in the car--its a 30 minute drive for us}.

I needed to get Tobie fed and give her medication to her. I can't carry all of it outside at once, keep Owen occupied {he knows we are about to go in the car and is antsy}, so I asked Owen to help. I handed him the cup full of her food and asked him to take it outside for me...I wasn't sure if he really would or not, but thought it worth a try.

The little dude did it! When I emerged from the laundry room with the medicine, Owen was standing at the back door waiting for me to open it. He spilled a few pieces and then tried to bend over to pick them up...disaster unfolding -- the rest were about to spill -- so, I said "its okay, lets just give her the 99% you have left in the cup". So, he went outside, found her purple bowl, ever so carefully poured all of the food in, and then stood there pointing to the bowl and calling Bubba to come eat. Priceless! He was so proud of himself, that there was no way I could rush him out the door. We stood and watched Bubba eat "almost" every morsel. She walked over to get water and Owen picked up the bowl and followed her with it, 'cause there was still some left.

I love this little boy.

0 comments: