Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day, Daddy Q

We had a quiet, relaxing day today! I am so tired from last week and not feeling too great today, so it was nice to have Daddy Q, Grammie, and Paw Paw Mc here today! I got to rest AND the guys got to spend father's day together!


Daddy Q decided this evening that we needed a trip to Sonic for a Father's Day Cream Slush! Yummy! Here is the pair enjoying their slushies together!


Of course, Tobie wanted in on the action, too. A pic of Daddy Q with the dog that longs to be his best friend, but continues to be number 2 behind Owen. Poor girl doesn't know she is about to become number 3 in line....

Just a cute pic of the little man rocking in the wooden chairs with us.


Sorry that we missed you today, Grandpa Tex! The next time we see you, we can celebrate that you are a Dad of two and a Grandpa of two!! We'll just pretend that Father's Day in East Texas comes a week or so after it does in Dallas ;-)


Last night, our friends Jeff & Erin and Andy & Megan hosted a party to celebrate Baby Q2's upcoming arrival, which will make Owen a Big Brother! They invited Owen's friends {and their families} over for a relaxing, fun, evening. We are so grateful to everyone who came, for the great conversation, and for helping us gather the things we will need for Baby Q2's arrival NEXT WEEK!!!! {this pic is for you, Terri}

The best pic I managed to get of Owen in his Big Brother t-shirt is below...this is he and Parker playing in N's room! After this, I put the camera away and just enjoyed the company of friends!!
I can't wait to meet this little one! Gail's "hair and ring" test confirmed that we already had a boy {phew} and that baby number 2 would also be a boy {it went on to predict Baby Q3 as a girl and then no mas}...we'll see!
Today, Grammie and I visited Babies R Us to use the gift cards we got last night and purchase the rest of the items that I feel we need when we bring home Q2. I will get them all washed and organized early this week.
On tap for this week for Owen and me: painters are here Mon - Wed to paint the entry, living, and play rooms, doctor appt on Monday, preparing Baby Q2's "space" early this week, Gymboree on Tuesday, StoryTime on Wed, SoccerTots on Thurs, a visit from Lanie on Thurs/Fri, N's 2nd B-day party on Sat, followed by the arrival of my mother !
Baby Q2...I promise I can still fit you in the schedule if you decide to come early. I am looking forward to resting in the hospital ;-)

1 comments:

Kristie said...

You look GREAT Sarah!! I don't know how you do it to have all those things planned. Although, I am on track and keeping us busy as well.