Saturday, July 18, 2009

the house is so quiet...

...with only Liam here! We sure do miss Owen's chatter and laughter; but, it was nice to sleep until 10AM! Especially, when we learned from Grammie that Owen was up this morning at 6:50 at there house!

Our morning started with me skipping out on my walk with Erin and Lara in favor of sleep. Ahhh...sleep. So good! Then, Liam woke, ate, and got a bath. Here's the lil heart breaker himself!!!
Last night, I went out to dinner with a few friends...this is a self portrait of me going out! Can you believe that a mom of an 18 mo old and a 2.5 week old got a night out!?!? I hardly can, either! Thanks, Dona, Hunter, Grammie, PawPaw Mc, and Daddy Q for making it possible!!!

lil' heart breaker....again! Love him! Liam is the sweetest little baby. He hardly ever cries...the only time you hear him wail is when the boy is starving. Otherwise, he is very easy going, cuddly, and just all-around easy to love! He is getting more and more used to receiving kisses and hugs from big bro, Owen, too!
Finally, I just have to show off this awesome-ness that is in my kitchen right now! My co-workers gave me this absolutely gorgeous vace from Tiffany when I went on my extended leave of absence this spring. I mean, I have never seen such a beautiful piece. It is breathtaking. You can't really tell from the photo, but the vace is a good 12 to 15 inches tall. So beautiful! I have been struggling with what to put in it, though. Welll...struggle no more. My grandma (Owen and Liam's G.G.), through my Aunt Dona who is here with us this week, got us these gorgeous flowers! The combination is absolutely stunning!!! I plan to treat myself to flowers like these often as I think my kitchen will look bare without them now...sorry, Daddy Q, but I can't go back now ;-)
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
...uh, oh baby! I hear him crying. Off to feed Liam.

0 comments: