Friday, July 3, 2009

Liam David's Birth Story...

On Monday morning, June 29th, we headed to the hospital to meet Baby Q2! My C-Sec was scheduled for 9:30 AM. I got checked into the hospital, in the gown, and hooked up to the monitors. I was actually having contractions...go figure...I took that to indicate that Q2 was ready to come this week no matter what!
Owen and I waiting...the baby was really kicking Owen in the back...as if to say, "ready or not, brother, here I come..."

The doc was nowhere to be found at 9:15...so, we got pushed back to 10:15...at 10:15, still no doc...Owen and Daddy Q got tired of waiting!


Grammie was antsy, too!

Erin and Megan came on back to make the wait more bearable. It was no fun just waiting, and waiting. Finally, at 11:15, we were told it was "go time"!

Baby Q2's baby-sitters waiting for the big moment...

Daddy Q announcing..."It's a Boy"! He stalled, which made all in the waiting room think it was a girl (we all would have been SHOCKED had it been a girl...not sure why....just would have).

Daddy Q with Big Brother Owen!

Liam David Quinlan. Born at 11:59 AM, 7 pounds, 1 ounce, 19 inches long. Looks a lot like his big brother did!!!
The big brother...photo taken by Grandpa Tex--love Owen's eyes!
Mama and Liam on Tuesday. As posted previously, I did not feel well this day. I ran a fever, had a high pulse and blood pressure, and felt like I had the flu or something...not to mention tons of pain from the C-Sec! Around 7PM they ran blood work...I had a high white blood cell count, which indicated either infection or stress. By the time the results were in, though, my fever had broken. So, we attributed the icky day to stress and no sleep (Liam did not sleep a wink his first night of life; so, neither did I). The nurses took Liam to the nursery Tuesday night to let me sleep except for when he needed to eat. By Wednesday around 8AM, I felt like a new person!

Grammie with her new grandson.
Mama Q and her boys!! Owen is so excited to see his baby.

Looking at Liam...
Erin and Noble came to visit us. Here's Noble with Liam (aka Owen Michael's brother).On Thursday, we went home from the hospital. Here are the boys in their big brother/little brother shirts!
Too Sweet for Words...
Thursday morning, while waiting for Owen to finish up at SoccerTots with Daddy Q and get a good nap, Liam and I had a mini photo shoot. Here's what I got....







Daddy Q and Owen picked us up around 3:00 on Thursday. We headed to the pharmacy to fill scripts for me, went to Sonic for happy hour while we waited, went back to the pharmacy, and then... we went to the park and played with Noble on his birthday. Going home with Liam was a much different experience than with Owen...I think everything with Baby #2 just seems a little simpler and less overwhelming than when you do it the first time!

Owen is such an amazing big brother. I got teary yesterday when rocking Owen to sleep--I am so proud of him! He is so interested in Liam, brings him toys to play with, pats him, and asks for "baby" all of the time. Just a few minutes ago, as I was posting this, Liam woke from his nap. Guess who alerted us to the baby crying?!? Not Mama, not Daddy Q, not Grammie, not Paw Paw Mc...no, it was Owen who heard him and starting saying "baby, baby, baby" until we clued in and went to tend to his little brother.

I couldn't be happier than I am right now!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Congrats to the Quinlan's!! I couldn't wait to see more pictures of lil Liam. Owen looks like such a GREAT big brother, I can't wait to see how Cutter does. Sounds like you are doing great and ready to get back on your feet!! Can't wait to meet the new lil guy!! Congrats again!! :)

Unknown said...

We are so happy for you and so proud of Owen! Congratulations!