Tuesday, July 21, 2009

i think i can, i think i can, i think i can...

...that was the phrase repeated over and over today after my Aunt Dona and Cousin Hunter left this morning!! Thank you so, SO, much for everything. Especially...last night!!
{we tried for a photo of Great Aunt Dona with both boys...}

Last night, Daddy Q got sick...really, really sick. AND, Owen decided that after 3 nights of being put to bed by someone other than mom or dad, he really needed mom or dad ... for TWO hours. AND, Liam decided that he couldn't settle down enough to nurse, sleep, or even just hang in my arms...unless we were walking. So, from 11PM to 11:45 ish, we walked up and down the street.
So, while I was up putting a very upset Owen to bed, and Dona was feeding a very hungry Liam, and Hunter was massaging Gerard's cramping legs in between bouts of vomiting... I was losing confidence that I could do this without help. Calgone...where the heck were you last night when I wanted to be "taken away?"

But, alas, today came, and Dona and Hunter had to go. So, after 3 weeks of help from my family, I found myself with my two babies and a sick, but better enough to care for himself, husband. And, I have to say, the day went well. Thankfully!! I really needed it to go well and am so glad it did. I know they won't all be this easy...but...I sure needed this one to so that I could build confidence!!
Owen, Liam, and I met Erin and Noble at the park! FUN! Those boys missed each other so much!!! Then, we stayed for lunch. YUM! Then, we came home and Owen took a 3 1/2 hour nap, while Liam took a 3 hour nap, while I did a few chores and took a 2 hour nap. YAY!
After an early dinner...we took the double stroller for a spin. Owen LOVED strolling next to his "bay-bee." He was so cute!!!!!!
The boys!
We took about a 20 minute walk and then went to the small park in the neighborhood. Owen wanted to give Liam a bite of his Nutra-Grain bar. He held the whole bar out to Liam. I explained that Liam is too little to eat the same as Owen. So...Owen looked at me and Liam, and then broke off a smaller piece of the bar for Liam. So sweet!! I hated to tell him that Liam still wasn't big enough for that and that he only "eats" milk for now...
Owen enjoyed playing, but was ready to get back in the stroller after only about 15 minutes...

Then, tonight, we played on the back porch for a while. I got both Liam and Owen bathed and in their jammies. And, got Owen settled for bed! Success! Daddy Q had to calm a fussy Owen that is still a little out of sorts and didn't stay in bed after I laid him down so that I could feed Owen again. But, all in all, Success!
Liam just fell asleep (I've been typing with only one hand ;-). So....
I am off to bed.

0 comments: