Thursday, July 23, 2009

Twisted.

There are a lot of things in the Quinlan house that are twisted at the moment. Here's the run down: 1. Twisted Ankle... that's what the doc diagnosed Owen with yesterday. Poor little guy was limping and having trouble standing on it. Took him to the doc, who confirmed he twisted it. So, after some Motrin, a sucker, and instructions not to hang out at the park for a couple of days, Owen was on the mend. And then, he was struck with a... 2. Twisted Tummy... that's right. The illness that plagued Daddy Q found its way to Owen. Oh my goodness. We were hanging out with the neighbors, when all of a sudden, Owen looked over at me, called "Mama," started whimpering, and then....projectile vomited FIVE times. Thank goodness we were outside... He continued being sick for the next 4 hours. On me, on his bed, the guest bed, the twin bed in his room... never did we make it to the plastic infant tub I set next to the bed for just this purpose. The stuff came fast. Thankfully, he is better today!
3. Twisted Days and Nights... not sure if "twisted" is the right word; or, maybe "non-distinguishable" would be more appropriate. Oh, Liam. I love seeing your bright eyes, sweet little cooing lips, and just all-around hanging out with you. But, can we do more of that during the day time and a little bit less at night??!? Thanks, bud!

Hopefully, things at our house get straightened out soon ;-)

Now...since I have some time, I will update you on what's going on with the boys.

Here, Owen is calling his blanket as one would call a dog. He is at the bottom of the stairs yelling "Khak-i"--that's what he calls "blankie". Hilarious! He also "calls" Bubba (makes sense), crackers, and agua.
Owen is starting to talk in sentences. I am so loving this!!! Two favorites are...

"Where did it go?" ... and then once he finds said object ... "Right there."

AND

"Do you see?" This evening in the yard, an airplane was flying overhead and he said "Airplane, Mama. Do you see? Do you see?" and pointed.

Liam loves his bath time. He is so content in the tub that I make it last as long as the water stays warm! The doc said yesterday that we can take him into the pool now. I think he just might like that! Next week, we may venture out there when I can find some other moms to go with!!
Owen is back to loving his bath. He went through a spell during all of the time family was here of not liking it again. But, tonight, we had a good 15 minute bath or so. Yay!


Owen gets the most reading done in the bath. I think its because he can't go anywhere else! But, we spent most of bath practicing words. Some new ones he is saying this week are: boat, airplane, hippo, lion {complete with a "roar"}, elephant, Popsicle, bicycle, and rabbit. I think he is adding a good 3 - 5 words to his vocab a day. Its pretty fun to listen to him say them!


And last, Owen got some new jammies that will go with his big boy room! I have finally decided how to decorate the boy's rooms. Owen is getting a sports ball theme (if you want to see the bedding, click here). Liam, is getting a "Monkey See, Monkey Do" room....it was discontinued so there isn't a link for it, but the fellow at Pottery Barn Kids called all over Texas and found the various pieces for me still in stock in some of the stores. I will post a pic once I get it going. The colors are pale blue, orange, chocolate, and ivory. I am feeling ready to start them now, but will hold off another month or so to ensure we are in a good routine with Owen before we rock his world with another change.

I am having so much fun with these boys. Even with Owen being sick today, we had a great day. I love having my two boys. Life feels even more complete now that Liam is here. He is such a joy and is a very easy baby just like his brother was. Daddy Q asked me yesterday if I was ready to add Baby Q3 to the family....I said "yes"! But, I think we will wait at least a few months ;-)

0 comments: