Monday, January 24, 2011

Character Building?

After Owen & Liam's bath tonight, I got Liam all jammied up (i.e. in his pajamas). Gavin was crying, so I asked Owen if he wanted me to help him quickly or if he wanted to get his jammies on by himself. He chose the latter. I went downstairs with Gavin, fed him, and got him to sleep. About 15 minutes later, I returned to the playroom to play with Owen and Liam for a bit and then get them to bed.

Oh. my. What I found made me laugh so hard. I am still laughing.

Owen was wearing Liam's 12-18 month pajamas (they are too small even for Liam--come to think of it, I need to move them out of his drawer), the shirt was on backwards, the sleeves just barely long enough to cover Owen's elbows, the pants were just below his knees, and he had his pull up (we call them Diego pants) on the outside of the pants.

Me: Owen. Wow! What are you wearing.

Owen: Wiam's pajamas. Mine are all gone.

Me: And, why are your Diego pants on the outside?

Owen: Uh, because they wouldn't fit on the inside.

Oh my word. He is so resourcful and it was so funny.

I felt terrible that my baby didn't have his own jammies (I was in the middle of folding laundry downstairs much earlier today and never finished). But, I was so impressed at how resourcful he was.

Now, I am not sure if I should cry that my sweet 3 year old is so independant and didn't miss a beat when his mamma didn't have any clothes avaialble for him. Or just shrug my shoulders, chuckle to myself, and consider it character building ;-) I will go with the latter.

And, just cause he is so sweet...here is a picture of baby Gavin in the bath from last night.

Night, night.

1 comments:

Lindsey Goodwin said...

That Owen is too much!! I can see Calan being very much like him in 1 1/2 years....Also, I can't believe how big Gavin is getting....they are all so adorable!