Sunday, January 9, 2011

Happy Snow Day, Y'all!

It snowed today!! We get snow a couple of times a year; but, it still seems like a novelty to me! This time, though, the boys were so excited that it made it even more fun! Naptime came shortly after the snow began to fall and stick. I told Owen and Liam and when they woke up, I would take them out to play in it. Liam fell asleep fast. Owen hopped in his bed happily. All was quiet for about 30 minutes and then Owen came downstairs and said his nap was over. Oy. I decided that since it doesn't snow that often, he should get some one on one time with mamma and the snow while the little boys were napping. So, he and I played instead of napped!

We threw snow balls at the fence for a while--but, neither of us had gloves, so that was quite cold. Then, Owen asked if we could take it inside. Hmmm...why not. So, we found a bucket and a 'shovel' and he gathered snow to take into the laundry room.


He hauled his snow inside; but passed his tractor on the way. He decided he wasn't too cold to take a spin in the snow! Fun!!

After playing and eating the snow from our bucket, I had the bright idea to make snow ice cream. I found a recipe on line, made sure we had the ingredients, and then told Owen my plan. He loved it! He scooped our 5 cups of fresh snow....



and then took it inside where we added the half and half, sugar, salt, and vanilla.


It was sooooo yummy!!!

We enjoyed our tasty treat but couldn't convince daddy to try a bite.

After his 3+ hour nap, Liam got a turn in the snow while Owen was sleeping! Liam wasn't too excited by it. He kept saying "Uh oh sky." and pointing to the snowflakes falling.


He stood outside and watched the snow fall for a few minutes.

Then, he told me he was cold and wanted to go inside.

If we still have snow tomorrow, I will try to get them outside together for a cute and cold photo shoot!!

And, if you ever wonder what a three year old might choose to wear under his warm snow clothes....wonder no more....

I thought he looked so adorable!


Happy Snow Day, Y'all!!

0 comments: